Our Parish History

Our Mission Beginnings
 

In 1899, Immaculate Conception officially began as a Mission Church. For more than 100 years, Catholics in the Mt. Vernon area have gathered as a parish community. As parishioners we have helped both the parish and the broader community to grow and mature in God's love and care through the years. For more than a century in our Church, in homes, in hospitals and nursing centers, we have celebrated the Eucharist and the sacraments. God has entered our lives to support and accompany us.

As we begin the twenty-first century, we invite you to become active parishioners that help our community carry on this tradition.  God has blessed us with so many wonderful and generous parishioners who have reached out in a variety of ways to express His presence in our midst.  Today the call comes to live our faith in an active and generous way by sharing our gifts, abilities, time, talents and financial resources with our parish. 

We have shared the light of the Good News with family, friends and the broader community.  We have reflected God's love and kindness to one another through care and service in time of need.  We have been signs of that love to the broader community through words and actions. 

Mary, under the title of Immaculate Conception, reminds us of God's saving grace in our lives.  She teaches us by her faith, hope and love to walk at her side as we journey with Jesus through life.  She has inspired parishioners to welcome newcomers to the valley in the late 1800's, the immigrant who arrived throughout the 1900's and those who are arriving in our parish today.

See the article published in NW Catholic Magazine by clicking on the picture of our new Church

 
Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!